Friday 8 March 2013

Playing with Clay

When I was supposed to be doing my dissertation last semester I was always finding other things I needed to do ie. prevaricating. One of my distractions was playing with the clay which Stephen was using on his course. Over the weeks I ended up with a family of crow people. These photos were taken before they were fired (in case they collapsed in the kiln). I have had very little experience with clay but, while I was distracting myself from writing, other ideas for ceramic pieces were starting to form. But they would have to wait till I finished the dissertation.




 
 
But then I couldn't resist drawing the crow family in their nests.
 
 
 






 




                                      
Then I went back to my dissertation.....




2 comments:

  1. These are so cute, Kate. I love them. Did they survive the kiln?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, most of the little bird people sculptures survived although I'm not sure what to do with them now. I might glaze them, or paint them, or just leave them. Perhaps they have served their purpose.

      Delete